No products in the basket.
Located in Bognor Regis, Heirlooms are a leading manufacturer of luxury bed, table and bathroom linens. Working with the world’s leading interior designers our linens grace the world’s most luxurious yachts and residences.
As part of our growth plans, we are looking to expand our production team and have a full time Trainee Cutter position join our team. Working as part of a team of 3 people accurately measure and cut fabrics to order for bed, table and bathroom linens plus accessories of different products.
- Laying up and plan cutting to specification of fabrics and design.
- Cutting fabrics in accordance with the cutting schedule for each order.
- Placing the correct cutting cards with each cut item.
- Learning and understanding the different fabrics that are used within the business and the shrinkage rates for each to calculate the optimum cutting size per item.
- Based on cutting requirements, calculating optimum way in which to cut fabric to ensure the least fabric wastage.
- Checking fabrics for imperfections during the layering process prior to cutting.
- Operating a fabric stock control system for each item that is cut so raw materials stock is fully up to date.
- Would suit candidate who already has skills in measuring and making items such as carpenter, joiner, metal worker.
- Full training will be given to operate Assyst Bulmer cutting machine and Chickadee hand held cutting instrument.
- Organised, adaptable and driven with initiative on work on own or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail with precision & accurate record keeping.
- Attention to quality of service.
- Basic numeracy to calculate sizing requirements.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English.
Details & Benefits:
- 40 hrs per week (working hours 7am-15.30pm)
- Overtime allowances at * 1.5 time hourly rate.
- Generous company pension scheme.
- Full time employees enjoy medical benefits, year end and Christmas bonus’s equivalent to 2 weeks salary.