No products in the basket.
Privacy matters to us here at Heirlooms. This page explains our approach to privacy on our site and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with third parties except to help us deliver our own services.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. To function their buttons generally know if you’re logged in; for example Facebook use this to say “x of your friends like this”. We do not have any access to that information, nor can we control how those networks use it.
Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). You will need to check your privacy settings on those services in order to check or prevent this.
To allow customers to get in touch with us more easily we provide web forms which send us emails. This form collects first name, last name and email address, which we use in order to process the requested service. This information is not stored on the website and the email generated is sent securely. We do not share this information with any third party without your express permission.
We take many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Of course you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Heirlooms will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
In case the worst happens and heirlooms-linens.com suffers a breach which might compromise your personal information stored there, we will notify all customers via email and immediately enforce a change of password for all registered users.
Updates to this policy